The C831 Series from OKI: Big performance and compact design to fit your needs, space and budget.
Robust and fast—with a remarkably small footprint. With C831 Digital Color Printers from OKI® you get the most advanced color technology in the marketplace, for printing on letter/A4, tabloid/ A3, even banner-size sheets up to 52" (1.3 m). C831 Series printers deliver 35 clear, sharp letter/ A4 pages—or 20 tabloid/A3 pages—per minute in color or black & white, with the first page printing in as little as 9.5 seconds.3 At those speeds, you’ll have more time to spend on what’s really important: your business.
Breathtaking document output. HD Color Printing technology delivers stunning results from this compact, easy-to-use printer. The OKI process combines high-definition LED printheads that put color on paper with exacting accuracy; microfine high-definition toner to ensure that graphics are breathtaking, and text is sharp and crisp—even on ordinary office paper; a straight-through flat paper path that handles a variety of media, from heavy card stock to polyester film to long banners; and an advanced control system that constantly checks alignment, registration and color balance.
Do it all for less. Now you no longer have to depend on outside services for printing your high-quality color documents. Print whatever your business requires to meet your communications needs: manuals, catalogs, banners, proposals, business cards, photos, brochures, floor plans, and all types of presentation materials. Print everything on demand (when you need it), in-house and at an affordable cost.
Unmatched warranty support. OKI is so confident in the reliability of our C831 Series Digital Color printers that we provide a 1-year limited on-site warranty for parts and labor4, and back our LED printheads for an industry-leading 5 years. Optional warranty extensions are also available.4
Secure your document output – C831 Series printers include Secure Print features5 that encrypt job data, store it on the optional SD memory card, and completely purge and overwrite it when the job is printed. With PIN-number protection, “owners” of sensitive documents can use the C831 printer’s numeric keypad to quickly and easily release their confidential output.
Monitor and control color printing – OKI Print Job Accounting software with the C831 Series allows you to restrict printer access to individuals or groups, and to manage printing within defined cost limits. It also provides you the ability to report on usage across the network, capturing information on volume, paper size, media type and consumables usage.
Its color access restrictions make color printing more cost-effective, allowing administrators to control printer usage by determining who and what can print in color, in black & white or not at all on your C831 printer. It also enables printer monitoring, letting you create job logs to analyze how a device is being used—by user name, applications used, and number of color or black & white pages printed.
The data can help you determine the effectiveness of your existing policies or to develop new ones.
Improve efficiency. Reduce environmental impact – C831 printers offer a range of features to reduce energy consumption, save you money and improve your carbon footprint.
These include a design that lowers power consumption, starting with LED technology that inherently consumes less energy:
- Deep sleep mode – Reduces power consumption to less than 1W
- Auto-off mode – Automatically powers off from Deep sleep mode, reducing energy consumption to 0.15W when not in use
- Duplex printing (optional on C831n) - Reduces paper usage by enabling the user to print on both sides of the sheet
- Toner save function – Reduces the amount of toner used when printing draft or internal documents
1 Declared yield in accordance with ISO 19798. All models ship with 2,500-page "starter" toner cartridges.
2 Estimated life, based on 3 pages per job.
3 Published performance results based on laboratory testing. Individual results may vary.
4 Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
5 Requires optional SD memory card.
- Print Speed: Letter/A4 – up to 35 ppm Color and Monochrome; Tabloid/A3 – up to 20 ppm1
- Time to First Page: As fast as 9.5 seconds1
- Processor: 800 MHz PowerPC CPU
- HD Color Printing Technology: Combines multilevel LED printheads and microfine toner for sharp detail and rich color depth
- Print Resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi
- Duty Cycle: Up to 75,000 pg./mo.
- Duplex (2-Sided) Printing: Standard on C831dn; Optional on C831n
- Memory Card: Optional 16 GB SD Memory Card
- Standard Memory: 256 MB; Max 768 MB
- Web-based Printer Management: PrintSuperVision and OkiLAN® Embedded Web Server
- Mobile Printing Solution: MotionPrint™
- Encrypted Secure Printing: AES 256-bit encryption (encrypted job data stored on optional SD Memory Card); Secure Erase and Auto Delete Time Out (unprinted documents stored on Memory Card purged and memory overwritten); PIN/Password-enabled job release
- Network Security: IPv6 address filtering; MAC address filtering; SNMP v3; SSL/TLS HTTPS encryption; IPP over SSL/TLS; E-mail authentication; Protocol lockouts
Cost Containment Solutions
- Print Job Accounting: Tracks color/monochrome pages by individual or department; Controls color printing access by converting unauthorized color print jobs to black & white or denying printing (optional SD Memory Card required for full functionality); Active Directory support for management of individual users or user groups
- Emulations: PCL® 6, PCL 5c; PostScript® 3™; PDF Direct Print v1.8; IBM® ProPrinter® and Epson® FX
- Operating Systems: Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64, Server 2003; Mac® OS X 10.5 and higher
- Supported OKI Software: PDF Print Direct, Print Job Accounting2, Color Access Controls2, Color Swatch, PS Gamma Adjuster, Configuration Tool, OKI LPR2, ICC Profiles2, PrintSuperVision
- Network Interface: OkiLAN® 10/100 Base-TX Internal
Ethernet Print Server
- Local Port: High-speed USB v2.0
- Scalable: 87 PCL fonts and 80 PostScript fonts
- PCL Bitmap: OCR-A/B
- Paper Input: Standard – 400 sheets (300-sheet Tray and 100-sheet Multi-purpose Tray [MPT]); Max – 1,460 sheets (with optional 2nd and 3rd 530-sheet Trays)
- Multi-purpose Tray: Standard 100-sheet; handles overhead transparencies, envelopes, mailing label stock, recycled paper, and banners
- Paper Sizes: Main Tray – A3, Tabloid, A4 (LEF), A4 (SEF), Letter (LEF), Letter (SEF), A5, Legal 13/13.5/14, Executive; 2nd and 3rd Trays – A3, Tabloid, A4 (LEF), A4 (SEF), Letter (LEF), Letter (SEF), A5, Legal 13/13.5/14, Executive; Multipurpose Tray – 3" x 5" to 11.6" x 52" banner, Envelopes
- Paper Weight: Main Tray 17 lb. bond – 54 lb. bond/ 80 lb. cover (64 – 220 gsm); 2nd and 3rd Trays 17 lb. - 47 lb. bond (64 – 176 gsm); Multi-purpose Tray 17 lb. bond – 140 lb. index (64 – 256 gsm); Duplex 17 lb. - 54 lb. bond/80 lb. cover (64 – 220 gsm)
- Size (WxDxH): 17.6" x 21.7" x 14.2" (449 mm x 552 mm x 360 mm)
- Weight: C831n – 81.6 lb. (37 kg); C831dn – 88.2 lb. (40kg)3
- Power Consumption: Idle 100W; Operation 700W; Max 1,400W; Power save <12W; Deep sleep mode <1.0W
- ENERGY STAR® Compliance: Yes
- Acoustic Noise: Operating –˂52dBA or less; Standby - 32dBA or less; Power save – Background level
- Toner Cartridges and Image Drums: Separate Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black
- Toner Cartridge Life: 10,000 pages each4
- Image Drum Life: Approximately 30,000 pages each5
- Printer: 1-Year On-Site limited warranty6
- Digital LED Printheads: 5-Year limited warranty
1 Published performance results based on laboratory testing. Individual results may vary.
2 Requires optional SD Memory Card.
3 Includes weight of consumables.
4 Declared yield in accordance with ISO 19798. All models ship with 2,000-page “starter” toner cartridges.
5 Estimated life, based on 3 pages per job.
6 Available in the U.S. and Canada only.